Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fire Starter & Nutritional Strategy


Definitely off track with the diet this week but it’s time to get back on the horse. I find I am getting a little bored with the protein fruit smoothies in the morning so I’m going to try to come up with something else. The only trouble is when I have to be at work so early in the morning that’s usually my only choice. Maybe I’ll switch back to my dymatize cappuccino whey...it makes killer imitation starbuck’s iced cappuccino’s when mixed with a little vanilla almond milk and some ice. Plus its fifty-thousand times better for you.

On a happier note I have short work week this week and then it’s off to Wolf Creek and the Pagosa Hot Springs! It’s going to be a challenge to stick to my eating plan while in a situation that involves lots of social eating, drinking and being on the go all day long (snowboarding) but my goal is to really focus and defeat my social consumption weaknesses. To make sure I am prepared I am bringing down a batch of seasoned ground turkey, organic beef jerky, eggs, tuna packets, broccoli slaw salad and kind bars.  This is only a long weekend, I can do it! Meeting this short term goal will help mentally prepare for my trip in April where I will be away for a whole week.

Nutritional Strategy Recap:
meal 1 - protein shake made with canned coconut and 1 serving of fruit
meal 2 - 1 slice ezekiel bread, meat
meal 3 - salad or veggies and meat or eggs (4)
meal 4 - whey protein shake, 1 tbsp nut butter or small handful of raw nuts
meal 5 - veggies or salad and meat

WORKOUT:

5 min yoga warm up

15 min countdown:
catch and punch L - 10 reps
kB star jumps - 10 reps
catch and punch R - 10 reps
frog leaps - 10 reps
# sets completed: 9 3/4

5 min countdown:
dynamic pushup/jump up - 10 reps
lunge back kick ups - 10 reps each leg
# sets completed: 2.5

notes:
holy shit.

+ 20 min jump rope (10s/40s -- 24 rounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment