Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

125 Half Burpee Row Exercise Challenge


Time for my own exercise challenge. The difference between a workout and an exercise challenge is that exercise challenges focus on one exercise or one exercise combo. A workout focuses on two or more exercises or combos. My problem with bodyrock exercise challenges is that they aren’t at the level I’m used to working at which makes me feel cheated out of my workout.
Today I am slightly sore in my legs and really bad in my shoulders but want to push a little harder with the muscles that aren’t. You may notice that there aren’t a whole lot of exercises that avoid using shoulders. (IMO this is why a lot of bodybuilders have shoulder injuries all the time. They don’t account for the fact that yes they do shoulders day but then every other upper body day ALSO uses shoulders so they never really get well rested unless it’s legs day.)
I choose half burpee barbell rows with an underhand grip because my back and biceps aren’t sore and this exercise combo is slightly less abusive than others.

Exercise Challenge:
Half Burpee (underhanded grip) BB Row (35lbs) - 25 reps *up weight next time
4 min (countdown) jump rope
REPEAT 5 MORE TIMES!
Total workout time: 33 min 26s

Yesterday’s Food Log:
8am Mixed fruit/coconut protein shake
11am - whey protein
1pm - 1 cup white chicken chili, 1/4th a large sweet potato
3pm - 1 serving blue flax chips, 1/3 cup raw walnuts
6:30pm - 1.25 cup seasoned ground turkey, 1.5 cup broc slaw salad, vinegar
8pm - whey protein
1350 cal

No comments:

Post a Comment