Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

All In A Days WORKout & yoga warm up


All in a Days WORKout

This bad boy was my idea and it was a good one! I say good, but not especially brutal. I needed more weight on the split squats or more time at least. Although my leg did get super tired on the one leg pushups. Definitely had to take 3 or 4 min to catch my breath before the jump roping began.

All in a days workOUT:
 5 min interval yoga warm up:
(30s/30s: run in place, scissor/wide jumps, warrior 1 left, triangle (not sure what its called?) L, warrior 1 right, triangle R, down dog, chatterunga/updog, and........i can’t remember the last one i did)

Set your gymboss interval timer to these intervals: 10s/20s and 30 rounds. You’ll go through this sequence 6 times.

kB split squat L - 15/15/13/18/19/17
one leg pushups L - 13/13/12/12/12/12
kB split squat R - 14/15//15/19/18/19
one leg pushups R - 12/10/11/12/12/10
jG chin up/knee tuck - 6/5/5/5/4/5

20 min jump rope - 10s/40s intervals for 30 rounds

Stay tuned this week! I’m going to try some of Aubrie’s workouts! They are similarly structured but incorporate some different exercises and pieces of equipment that Zuzana doesn’t use. Since I have an entire gym set up in my basement I might as well use it!

I am also going to try a new approach to eating starting this week. I can’t seem to make the calorie cycle work because I have totally different energy needs on different days doing these types of workouts rather than the same split for 6 weeks where I can predict my calorie needs depending on if its an upper or lower body day. I’m going to follow the following formula:

Meal 1: fruit/whey/coconut milk smoothie
Meal 2: 2-3 oz lean protein/1 serving fruit
Meal 3: 2-3 cups lettuce/spinach mix, 4-5oz lean protein/1 tbsp home made balsamic vinegarette dressing
Meal 4: raw nuts
Meal 5: 4-5 oz lean protein/large salad or large serving steamed veggies (OR 1 cup of whatever casserole/crock pot thing I make which usually consists of meat and veggies and/or yams)

No comments:

Post a Comment