Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Want Your Sweat

This was really, really, really hard and I was gasping for air the entire time. I thought I was going to die after just the first round and I still had 2 more to go! I made it though and it feels good. That’s what I always try to keep in mind when I don’t feel like working out.  I beat Zuzana’s time but just over a minute too! I haven’t been this challenged by a Bodyrock for a couple weeks. I used my Ultimate Sandbag with 30 lbs in it but next time I do sandbag cleans I’m going to wear gloves and a t-shirt because I no skin left on the knuckles of my thumbs and rash on my chest, shoulders and biceps.

5 min Jump rope
ez curls 45lbs (3/9)  // incl. bench curls 17.5 dbs (1/9,2/6)

3RFT:
1. Sandbag Clean and Side to Side Half Squat as one rep – clean the sandbag and than take one step to the side pushing your hips back. Step back to the middle and now take a step towards the other side and push your hips back again until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Step back to the middle and place the Sandbag on the ground. Complete 20 reps total and then move on without any break to the second exercise
2. Break Dance Push Up - each push up counts as 1 rep. Start in the crab position, slide one leg underneath the other and turn over so that you end up in one leg elevated plank position. Do one leg push up and then reverse the movement and get to the starting position. Alternate sides. Complete 20 reps and move on without taking a break.
3. Side to Side Knee Raises – raise your knees as high up towards your chest as you can and then extend your legs towards one side. Alternate sides. Each knee raise counts as 1 rep. complete 20 reps total and move on without taking a break.
4. Twist Jump Squat – Start standing with your feet and knees pointing slightly outwards. Push your hips back and squat down until your butt is below your knees and close to the ground. Jump up and twist so that you land facing the opposite direction. Get into a deep squat as soon as you land and keep going until you complete 20 reps.


completion time: 20min 45s
Total workout time: 28min 53s

Food Log:
7am - whey and oats, 4 prunes
10am - cappuccino whey shake, 1 medium apple, pB protein ball
1pm - 1 can light tuna, 20 green beans
4pm - jerky, 1/4th cup raw walnuts
7pm - 1 cup southwest chicken stoup, 1 serving organic blue chips
So far the only true dietary success I’ve had is avoiding alcohol :(

Totally psyked for our MOAB trip! We are going to see Canyon Lands and Arches National Park as well as meet up with some friends from Arizona. You’ve noticed I haven’t really taken much active rest this week and its because I’m trying to get all 5 workouts in before we go. Since my glutes were phenomenally sore on Monday and I couldn’t work out, I’ll have to get one done early Saturday morning. This is a bad situation because there is a chance it might not get done especially if things get hectic that morning. The good news is that we’ll be hiking around all weekend long so at least I’ll be moving! I’ll get to try out my new camping mat (made of memory foam) that I bought for our camping adventures in Kauai so hopefully it’ll prove a most excellent device.

No comments:

Post a Comment