Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Jackie K's Challenge


5 min yoga warmup



FIRST WORKOUT IN MY VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS!!!! I wear a size 9 usually and the 39s fit perfect and snug just as they are supposed to. Like many people, I’m having the pinkie toe discomfort especially on my left foot (broke that one a long time ago) but I’ve read many a blog claiming it will resolve in a week or two when my feet get used to them. It makes perfect sense...regular shoes utilize your feet more as paddles totally eradicating the need for a pinkie toe. In reality our feet are designed to grip the terrain with each individual toe leading to a wider more spread out looking toe arrangement.

You can watch ME doing it at the link above.

Notes:
1)            first time ever doing thrusters...that was the hardest part of this workout for me
2)           went a little light on the deadlifts as I haven’t done these in years because they always used to throw out my back -- this weight was challenging but luckily I felt nothing in my back. will go up next time.

AAAAAHGGGGGGGG! I ALREADY FEEL IT IN MY SHOULDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday's Eats:
745am - cappuccino shake/1 cup cantaloupe
11am - 1 can tuna, raw broccoli slaw, vinegar
1pm - 3 tbsp almond butter
2pm - leftover chicken, 5 oz sweet potato
5pm - whey protein, 2 tbsp craisins
7pm - salad, ground beef, vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment