Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

4x Torture


4x Torture
Welcome to another one of my creations....muahhahhaaa! This was a good one. I was out of breath the whole time.
Lately I’ve been on an MSG awareness thing but there is something about this that’s a little odd. A few days ago I posted a list under which MSG hides in but it is important to remember that Monosodium Glutamate and Glutamic acid are not one in the same. Glutamic acid is a non-essential amino acid which means that our bodies manufacture this stuff every single day. Monosodium glutamate was created in a lab by a man. So now I am confused. Why should I be suspicious of glutamic acid, which indeed appears on the list? In addition I found out the calcium caseinate has a high concentration of glutamic acid in it. I guess this is the point where I should have been paying attention in Organic Chem. Whoops. Clearly more research is necessary......
In the next couple of years I am going to look at enrolling in the Institute of Integrative Nutrition so I can get the real idea here.
More good news, my body fat analyzer put me at 15.5% BF today :D My weight remains the same so this is a really really really good thing. Here’s hoping for 14% by December 4th!

The Workout:
Jump rope 5 min
Upright row - 25lb dBs  3/10
Cable tricep pressdowns 60lbs  3/10

1)           Single leg jump squats - 30 reps each leg
2)           Pullups - 10 reps
3)           Hanging knee raises - 20 reps
4)           Explosive pushups - 10 reps  (17:10s total time here)
repeat FOUR times.

Total workout time: 24min 43s

FOOD LOG:
7am - 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop biochem whey
10am - 1 med banana, 4 oz ground turkey with peas, corn and a mushroom sauce
1pm - 1 cappuccino whey shake
4pm - 2.5 oz low sodium tuna, 1 cup broccoli slaw
7pm - 4 oz chicken, 10 brussel sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment