Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Weights Wk3


Unfortunately my interval run on Wednesday took a toll on my back so I had to let it rest yesterday. That is precisely why I stopped running the first place! :(  The good news is my legs were hardly sore at all and usually I can’t walk at all the day after that first day back. All this cross training has really made me prepared to take on ANYTHING. I noticed it snowboarding the first time this season too. Now if I could just get a new back...
ON TO THE WEIGHT WORKOUT! Keep in mind that my body and your body might need totally different workout schedules. For instance, I am a rare mesomorph so my body has always been muscular and athletic workout or not. My body prefers muscle and therefore I put it on quickly and maintain it with very little effort. Most women are NOT like this and require more weight training days in order to both build and maintain their muscle.
Maintaining an increased level of lean body mass is the key to staying fit and lean for LIFE.
Weights Workout Week 3:
3 sets/12 reps
Smith wide squat - +55 lbs each side
Cable row - 60lbs
inclined bench dB curl - 20 (1.5 sets)/15lbs (1.5 sets)
---
3 sets/12 reps
walking lunges - 30lbs
reverse dB fly - 20lbs
rope bicep curls - 55lbs
---
2 sets/38 reps anterior tibialis pulls with resistance band (a little bit of shin splint MAGIC)
+ 20 min jump rope intervals (10s/20s -- 40 rounds)
 

Thursday's Food Log:
7am - pina colada protein shake
10am - chicken, dijon mustard, 1 slice ezekiel bread
1pm - 1 can tuna, broccoli slaw salad, vinegar, 1 WASA cracker, 1/2 almond butter protein ball
230pm - 1/3 cup mixed nuts
5pm - 1 oz turkey jerky
7pm - 1/2 cup leftover curried chicken with peas, other 1/2 almond butter protein ball

Wednesday's Food Log:
7am - pina colada protein shake
10am - chicken, dijon mustard, 1 slice ezekiel bread
130pm - tuna, broccoli slaw salad, vinegar, 1/4 cup raisins,
230pm - 4 WASA crackers, 1 tbsp almond butter
4pm -  1/4 cup mac nuts
7pm - 1 cup curried chicken with peas, 1/4 cup brown rice
I know that I’m overdoing it with the nuts again...they’re just so delicious! I’ve really got to keep it limited to 1/4 cup of nuts OR 2 tbsp nut butter and not both in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment