Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cardio shred #29 & FitnessGenes results

43 days to FL!!

...But yesterday I was too sick to do much, walked the dog, ate a bit less to compensate. Monday, I just ran rest day protocol too. Working out is such a fine line when sick. About 85% doing one while sick actually speeds up the recovery process. THe other 15%, as was the case on Saturday, I get even more sick. It seems to be all about timing. Can't do a workout too early into the sickness but one properly placed will help.

I finally have sorted through all my FitnessGenes information! Click here to read it. It is approx one thousand pages but If you skim through for gene introductions & bold text you'll get a pretty good idea of what it's all about. Some of my take homes are:
  • I have the genetic flexibility to exceed at either power/strength training OR endurance with slightly better predisposition for the former. I choose power & strength because just plain endurance work leaves you a smaller, still jiggly version of your old self...I want to look tight, shapely and have definition under my skin!
  • HIIT training agrees with me.
  • my optimal rep range is 10-16. I respond well to high volume so my set count would be 16-32 per workout w/ 45-60s rest between sets.
  • The great news is that over eating (like, obesity style) is just not in my dna and I've got both alleles for fast metabolism! WooT! I just happen to LIKE eating and am in the terrible habit of eating when bored...also still suffering from "clean your plate" syndrome. When I do free eat, I never gain more than 10-12lbs.
  • I am set up for chronically high homocysteine levels due to my inability to process folate properly. This can create all sorts of serious illnesses so that's something I'll add to my blood panel as I get older. I'm also going to start supplementing with one of the recommended supplements, possibly Bentaine, not certain yet.
  • Got the code for average triglyceride levels so as long as I keep eating healthy and exercising I don't have to worry about related problems popping up later in life.
  • If I were a dude, my lactic acid clearing rate (= post workout soreness) would be slow but apparently these genes don't affect women as much so I'm off the hook for this one. This rings true as I'm seldom sore from a workout unless it's the first week of it.
New genes are added as more and more of the DNA is cracked! (I'll update accordingly.)

Here's by bi-monthly check in:
W 29 (down half inch!)
H 37.5 (down half inch!)
Bb 34.5 (down half inch!)
PROGRESS!!!!!!! 
YES! I'm excited that everything keeps moving in the right direction but I also still want to cry when I look in the mirror. STILL can't fit into any of my regular clothes so it's been yoga pants/active wear all day, every day. Not to mention my scar is still tender any time I try regular pants. It's still a slippery slope with processed carbs...I'll do good for awhile then booooo. Graham cracker here, panera sandwich there. I feel so floppy and gross in the mid-section because of them!! Raarg.  
       o( ><)o

I've tweaked my diet a bit:
Hi days 2100 - 3 serv resistant starches
Med 1925 - 2 serv
Lo 1700 - 2 serv
And I've replaced they whey protein with vegan stuff but I don't like it...so we'll see how long that lasts. I'm thinking of bulk buying jerky and just eating that instead of trying to fine a suitable whey replacement.

I also found this amazing (and easy!) microwave paleo bread recipe curtesy of Zuzka @ ZGym:
2 eggs
1/2 cup almond meal
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp evoo 
Microwave 2 min in square container 

5x5
1 arm curtsey squat #45!!!
Pullups 2/3
1 leg stand ups #15s
Time: 9:33
&
Buy in: Handstand for 1 minute
1. Double Unders (x5) to commando push ups (x4) x 4 sets
2. Toes to bar x5
3. Plank Rows x 10 #27.5s
4. Jump tuck to Sumo squat x 10
5. Pull Up / Knee raise x 3 sets
#rnds: 3 1/5th
Total: 25min

No comments:

Post a Comment