Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Benchmark workout & Body stats! & THE WAVE...


   My food experiment from last week is called The Wave Method. Now, I've tried hi/lo calorie programs before (circa 2009...my bodybuilding days) and was never able to maintain them because hey, WHAT IF THERE'S AN AWESOME PARTY WITH LOTS OF delicious food AND ALCOHOL on my low cal day!??!!?! DIET BLOWN. Sounds silly but it's really the way I think. I don't like to miss out on FUN. That said, I don't really have an active social life so it doesn't add up to be too much as it might for others. I might get out once a month?! Perhaps less.
   To use this method one must plug in their numbers to a TDEE calculator and select -10% for fat loss. The rest is math. I divied up my calories by using the articles example (1500/1800/2100). My TDEE for fat loss is 1938. My hi day is 2200, my medium day is 1925 and my low is 1600. This method is ideal because you are only supposed to run it for a maximum of 2-3 months before returning to eating at a maintenance level. Every month, you'd replug in your numbers, assuming you are making progress, to make sure that you continue to lose. The smaller you are the less food you need. I think I'll continue to use this method for awhile. It's pretty safe for breast feeding unlike my most preferred method of intermittent fasting. So they say, I started it when Jax was 6 months old and never had milk production issues. This time around, I am inclined to be MUCH more careful due to the fact that it took two whole weeks to get ANY milk in. IF also requires starting the day with bulletproof coffee. I may have to give coffee up due to the digestive issues I've been having caused by all the pain meds  I took after my c-section. Suck.
   I am going to modify the wave method and use those numbers as maximums but not specifically try to hit them if I don't feel like eating. I hate making myself eat. That was always my problem with bodybuilding. I am pitta through and through. Therefore I am AlWAYS hungry. When I'm not it's a full blown miracle and a time I need to take advantage of. (IF quiets my digestive fire and so does coffee...) Plus, making myself eat when not hungry always makes me eat stuff I really shouldn't be -- processed carbs -- blah!
    It has been suggested to me that I do a day in the life of k8* blog. I'm not sure why...I'm not doing anything super magical, I just am ultra committed to my goal. ULTRA. (Having lots of muscle is actually my super magical secret...and you can't get that with just any workout...) As a personal trainer, people tell me about how they've "tried everything" blah blah blah all the time but the proof is in the pudding. You can talk all you want about your dream body but if you don't make every effort to get there then you aren't really committed and you don't really want it. I have spent the last 10 + years experimenting with diets (some fail, some succeed), reading new information and trying new workout plans so I know what I respond to and what I don't, giving the illusion that it is some how so much easier for me to lose weight than anyone else. I am a creature of extreme habit (x 1MILLION!!!) so it's easier for me to make and keep a habit than it is to break it. Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about how to best do the blog though and I thought maybe a vlog would be easiest. Stay tuned.

Body stats:
W-29.5 (down 1/2")
H- 38 (down 1/2")
Bb- 35 (same -- this is my stubborn fat)
Lbs- 140.6!! (down 3.4lbs from last month!)

Kiiiiiiiillin' IT!!!! W00t!!!

Ugghh...been dreading this benchmark workout all week but it's super important to track progress. It is a powerful motivator to see how much stronger and faster you've become. It's a positive feedback loop, if you will. That's also why I do measurements every 2 weeks and photos every couple months. And also.....

Aaaaaaaaaagggghhhh! Only two months to get ready for FL!!!

Tri-Set: ****NEW****
5x5
smith kneeling squats #70 - worthless!
pullups (2full/3black band)
dB 1 leg stand ups #12s
time: 8:40

Benchmark WO:
*3rft:
1. Hand Release Push Ups x 5
2. Competition Burpees x 10
3. Jump Lunge x 30 alt
4. Pistols x 20 alt (jG asst'd)
5. Strict Climbers x 60 alt.
6. Air Squats x 40 (butt 2 5riser step)
Time: 21:05
I deleted a round because I don't have all day to be working out here...screaming Babies...oy...
Total time: 29:45


No comments:

Post a Comment