Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Black Diamond #1

Omg. Coming out of round three with mastitis. WTF. Sunday was a wash. I was as bed ridden as one can be with two kids under the age of three. I did manage to walk the dog at least. :( 

It's week 4!!! Sadly this is about the time the new flock of resolution-ers at the gym begins to thin out. The secret they're missing out on is this: Don't train for specifically for weight loss! Train because you've always wanted to join that softball team at work, hike a 14er or because you want to improve your speed on your 5ks...or even because you know it'll improve your health in general! Results will follow! I train primarily for the last reason. I have a lot of chronic pain issues and insomnia when I'm inactive (especially carrying babies around all day!). I also train because I never EVER want to grow (old?) and unable. You want high quality of life as you age? Put on some muscle. You want to be able to maintain your goal weight easily? Put on some muscle. See here...my most favorite article about muscle (your fountain of youth).

Climbing has left me too exhausted to be doing any extra jump roping on top of it like I planned on doing at the beginning of last week so I decided to can that idea and to take a more food oriented approach instead. I've cut the third meal carb serving this past week in order to get those numbers moving and I'm considering experimenting with a new way of eating this week. My gut feeling is that it'll be incompatible with my lifestyle but you never know Til you try! Plus, the more methods you play with the better your chance of finding something that sticks. Or in my case a hodge-podge approach that sticks. More on the experiment next week.

AND NOW.......
........the workout........

TRISET 5x5
split squat #22.5s
upsidedown inv row #17
BB lunge #50
time: 9:00

Black diamond #1
15 min AMRAP
1. One Leg Push Ups x 3/3 
2. Hanging Leg Raises x 5 
3. Backward Lunge Dumbbells press #15s x 10
4. Pull Ups x 2 
5. Ball Roll Knee Tuck (abs) x 10
Rnds: 5 2/5
2200



No comments:

Post a Comment