Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

November Nutrition Note!

  I've been waffling again with my dietary approach this past month when it's been even more important to nail something down due to my inability to workout hard. So frustrating. This happened with Jaxen and actually caused me to gain weight before losing any. So far, the scale has been decreasing little by little although I don't have a weigh in for today due to Halloween candy intake and other bad eating earlier this week. For the month of November and beyond (if it pays off next weigh in) I'm going to get back to a mix of clean eating, IF and the meal plan that goes with these core circuits. The only caveat is free Thanksgiving and Xmas days.
  If I look to Jamie's menu, which I can't follow 100% due to the dairy content (not to mention 1500 calories is NOT enough for me and my milk supply--I'm thinking 1779-1800ish.) 
     -Meals 1-3-5 all include some sort of carb, mainly resistant starches. 
     -She uses whey protein twice a day and meat/eggs the other three.
Easy.
Now...
Resistant starches are as follows:
-Cooked and cooled brown rice (1 serv = 1/2c cooked)
-Potato (1 whole)
-Sweet potato (1 whole)
-Beans (1/2c)
-Oats (1/2c)
-Ezekiel bread (1 slice - not the best choice but acceptable)
^^^This is where I really need to follow suit. Nutrition while breast feeding is tricky...at least THEY make it out to be but I worked SO hard for two weeks to get any milk to come in (and then another two to increase it to fit Gavin's needs) so I'm not about to mess around with it. Not until 6 months when I know he has other things to eat and isn't relying on just me. Then I'll get back to intermittent fasting which was getting me killer results at the beginning of this year/end of last (see Puerto Rico photos...) before mr Gavin decided to implant himself. 

Sooooooo....here's what it looks like:
Meal 1 - bullet proof protein coffee
Meal2 - meat, veg, starch, fat
Meal3 - protein bar, fruit, starch 
Meal4 - meat, veg, starch






No comments:

Post a Comment