Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Weights Workout


                        Weights Workout
Since I haven’t done much weight lifting over the past month, I decided to add some back in for this next four week round of workouts. Mondays will be weight training days where I will hit all the muscle groups that Bodyrock style workouts don’t get that well and anything I think might be lacking. Surprisingly enough, I don’t really feel like I have lost muscle mass at all! But I definitely needed a break from it for awhile. I’ve also decided that it would be nice to be a little leaner so I’m continuing to focus on these short intense cardio-strength workouts.

The workout:
20 minutes of Insanity’s Plyometric Cardio Circuit DVD. (Bad idea doing this first...)
Supersets: 4 sets or 6 reps on all exercises
Ez bar bicep curls - 50lbs
dB alternate hammer curls - 25lbs/20lbs
Lat pulldown - 136lbs
1 arm dB row - 35lb
Olympic bar forward lunge, side squat, narrow squat combo - 20lbs (plus 40lb bar)
Lying hamstring curls - 38lbs
Overhead tricep extensions - 35lb
Skull crushers - 12lbs

Food Log:
7 am - banana and protein shake mixed with water
9:30 am - apple
1030 am - 4 small squares of home made fudge
12 pm - 1/2 salmon burger, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1/2 cup cherries
3 pm - 1 cup milk, 2 crisp bread crackers
630 pm - 3 oz oganic ground beef, 1 bag birds eye steamed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment