Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ZWOW # 109 & Muscle Genes

A few days ago I was browsing facebook when I noticed a friend of mine had just received a Muscle Genes kit. I was curious so I looked them up and found that the are a company in the UK that uses genetic testing to help streamline your fitness process. As I watched the video where they went through a few of the genes they looked at, I found that I knew where I stood already from years and years of fitness experiments. They look at things like what time of day you are more effective at working out (from experience mid-morning for me), if you are prone to high or low inflammation (DOMS) which would determine your workout frequency (low/med for me -- I rarely am sore after a workout no matter how hard I push!) and whether or not you will get better results with high rep/low weight or low rep/high weight (my magic formula: 4 sets, 9 reps). There is much more they look at but I stopped watching there because I was convinced that this was a company who was worth investing in. Even though I can answer some of those for myself already, if I had an extra $300 to drop on it, I would!

AM
Tabata jr/row 20 min (10/20 -4x) x5

PM 
2 min yoga

4/9 legs
Bb DL #60 (^)
Sumo BB sqt #90 (^)
Time: 4;49

ZWOW # 109: 
Breakdown: 2 rounds for time!
  • 20 SB Side Step-Ups #30 L
  • 3 Pistol Squats L
  • 10 Competition Burpees
  • 10 Flying Jump Lunges #4s
  • Repeat first part on right side then:
  • 20 Plank walk Over the Chair
  • 20 Chair Kick-Ups/dips 
Time: 16min

Total 40min

Tues eats:
 10 - capp shake, peach
2 - chicken, tato in avo oil & salt, coleslaw & zucchini
4 - 2egg/2white w/ salsa & a lil daiya cheese, veggies, grapes, 6 mac nuts
6 - efl beef meat loaf/spinach strawb salad w/ vinegar, ghee 2t

No comments:

Post a Comment